Friday, June 22, 2012

amish, with vodka

Recently I lost my best friend, partner in crime, constant sidekick at festivals, giggle buddy, one of the rare soul mates in my life.  Saying goodbye to a friend too early is one of the hardest things I have ever had to go through.  My life since has been a roller coaster - highs and lows.  She was my number one fan and she continues to inspire me.

Monday nights were our night to watch HBO and write silly blogs together - you see, I consider myself "Amish with vodka".  I have power and vodka but I gave up all the good stuff...

Three year's ago I decided to move out from having roommates, move into a cheap apartment that was all mine.  And then one day I decided to get rid of TV.  It was easy at first because I "borrowed" Internet from the neighbors, until four months ago when they stopped letting me "borrow" and my only form of entertainment became dance parties, books and a silly puppy.

So Monday nights I would pack up laundry, grab the dog, stop at the store for mixers and dinner and head over to my best friend's house to watch "Game of Thrones" and draft future blogs.  We would laugh, day-dream of being princesses, talk about life and love, discuss our future husbands and after a few cocktails make lists of future blogs. 

The silliest part was later deciphering what stories we told each other and what the blog post would exactly be about.  I still have no idea what some mean, but I will do my best to make myself giggle in her memory and continue to blog.

Consider this a preview of what is to come if you will....
    * New Year's, Beach Boys & Dead Phone
    * Vodka water - fixes the rust
    * Hand holding text
    * Scott the Cop v1
    * Scott the Cop vAnne
    * Accidental Dates
    * Blind date that wasn't
    * Scott the Dr.
    * 3,000mile Blind Date
    * Toga Power
    * 5 year booty-call (that ended badly)
    * New Rule: "Date Someone Taller"
    * Single and Wedding Invites
    * Registries...

And to include recent life.... The time I won an EMMY!

The last thing I said to my friend was "I love you" - so to everyone out there, remind someone you love them every day!

Until I find Internet again....

No comments:

Post a Comment